You don’t have to wait for a perfect world to achieve that goal. Farzad Family Law can accomplish that for you in this world and you and your spouse don’t have to be the perfect divorced couple or best friends to get there.
You just have to recognize that the two of you are going through a divorce for a reason and you need a neutral and objective family law mediator with actual family law courtroom experience to educate each of your on the divorce process and get you toward resolution. Just because your marriage did not turn out as you wished doesn’t mean your divorce has to do the same. We know it’s broken. Let us fix it.
“How do I fix it?” you will ask. Simple. Give mediation a fair chance.
Let’s look at some powerful tools that the divorce mediation process can do for you and your spouse and bring you to resolution.
- Your are in control. Your divorce lawyers don’t do the talking for you. You do the talking for yourself. You never have to worry about having a lost in translation moment because you and your spouse will sit in the same room as one of our very family law lawyers and speak what is on each of your mind during mediation. We will get to the heart of the issue without contention and unnecessary anger. No “overzealous advocate” needed, just common sense and the goal of a fair settlement.
- You make the decision to settle or not. Divorced couples sometimes forget that when they fight it out in Court, they give up the right to make decisions about their own lives and that of their children. When you fight, you give that control to your lawyers and the Family Court Judge. Who is the Judge? Someone who knows very little about you, your family dynamic, someone you have never met before and, once your case is over, is not accountable to anything that happens thereafter. We are very lucky in Orange County to have some real good Family Law Judges but I bet 100% of them would tell you they would much prefer you and your spouse make mutual decisions about your estate, family and children than force them to do so.
- You manage the cost of divorce. Ever talk to a divorced spouse who went through a contentious divorce? First thing they will tell you is how expensive it was. At Farzad Family Law, we are experienced divorce litigators and we have achieved tremendous results for our clients at a reasonable fee but, as a result of that experience, even we will admit know how costly divorce can be. Unlike a mediation, how much you spend in litigation doesn’t just depend on you. It also depends on your spouse. If you are a middle class family with a middle class income, you likely cannot afford serious litigation. That is the beauty of mediation. You don’t have to try and budget the divorce litigation. You only have to manage a very affordable divorce mediation that moves faster than Family Court, is more efficient than Family Court and costs a fraction of the price of Court. How much? Click on this divorce mediation link and find out.
- You get all of the benefits of learning the law and how it applies to your facts. That’s right. You think you need a litigator to know your rights? You don’t. Our experienced and knowledgeable divorce mediation lawyers will explain it to you. We do this because we want you and your spouse to make informed decisions. We don’t have crystal balls and we can’t give you financial advice obviously but knowing the law and the areas of the Family Law Judge’s discretion is important, don’t you think?
- Mediation will nearly always settle some of the issues, even if it doesn’t resolve all of them. We have written that divorce mediation doesn’t have to be all or nothing. What we mean by this is there is no such thing as “failure” in mediation. It is only the measure of success. If you resolve custody and support but not the property issues, no problem. You have narrowed your issued and saved yourself thousands of dollars. The remaining issues can go to Court. Resolve them all? Even better. You are on your way to getting your life back.
The list is long of all the advantages there are to divorce mediation for your divorce case.
What you need to remember though is simple. Don’t know how to manage your divorce? Mediation is a good start and, often, the best answer.
Contact Farzad Family Law for a case strategy session. Let’s get your life on track.